Let me present to you Future Proof, the Munich based all-rounder who already released some records and remixes on Acidkids Records or Pink-Pong. While touring through several clubs and festivals (like his set at Utopia Island below, which was luckily recorded) he found some time to answer the questions below. Enjoy!
Hey guys, thanks for having me! The person behind this project is called Ariel. 29 years old producer, dj and graphic designer from munich.
2. Did you grow up in a music oriented family? How was your first touch with electronic music and what was your first record you’ve bought?
I think I was 6 years old. We had this school lesson to get in touch for the first time with simple music instrumets. It was for supporting musical education. After a few lessons, I went to music school and learned over 8 years to play saxophon. That was the instrument that I wanted to play the most. My parents supported me in this time a lot. When I was 16 years old, I bought “Homework” from Daft Punk on vinyl. That was my magical moment. I was so fascinated by this type of sound. So I said to myself: This is exactly that what I want to do!
I know what you mean. I try to get a lot of new and different influences by a lot of music genres. I mean, would you eat your whole life the same sort of fruit? It’s all about the mix. I grew up with the 80s, started to listen as a 12 years old skaterboy skate punk rock & oldschool rap/hip hop and now I’m djing and producing electronic dance music. And every mood and situation needs the right kind of music.
4. So could you list maybe five songs which were a big inspiration in your musical-life?
Tuff question! I listen to music my whole life now. But let me try to name this songs!
1. Groove Armada “Superstylin”
2. Soulwax “Any minute now / Nite Versions”
3. Souls of Mischief “93 til Infinity”
4. RJD2 “Chicken Bone Circuit”
5. Daft Punk “Burnin“
5. Let bygones be bygones, it’s been a bit quite around you according to your last official release on Pink-Pong in January and the releases on Acidkids? Did you take a break?
I played over the last months a lot of club and festival gigs. I also started in a new agency as a graphic designer, so there have been a lot of things, which kept me away from my gears. But I’m very motivated to get back in studio. I have a lot of new ideas! Meanwhile I finished an official remix for Hanumantribe, which comes out on Riot Riot Records soon.
I’m planning again a switzerland/austria tour together with Masaje (Stamina Agency) from Ravensburg! The last tour was so much fun! We want to do again another round. And meanwhile I will finish my next EP. You can expect a 3 track EP, with some nice remixes on.
7. If people become curious and want to see you live, where are your upcoming gigs?
I already played at the Playground and Utopia Island Festivals and for fall there are gigs in Augsburg (Schwarzes Schaf), Regensburg, Landshut (Bauhaus), Ravensburg and some other great citys! And maybe some indoor festivals!
8. Last but not least, a list with your favourite tracks at the moment would be great!
1. Graze “Skip/Crush”
2. Chambray “Ghetto Giants”
3. Digitate “Closer EP”
4. L-VIS 1990 “Flashdrive”
5. TWR72 “Heat”
6. Moderat “Bad Kindom”
7. Kalipo “Ganja”
8. Alex Metric “Hope”
9. Thanks for this short Q&A and I can’t wait to here your upcoming stuff…
Thank you for the interview and for having me! I hope you enjoy my live dj mix from the Utopia Island Festival. Take care! Cheers